01 October, 2013

Style // D&G Fall '13 RTW (#blogboost)


Although the A/W 13 collections are all now old news, I'm going to go ahead and blog about this one any way, because guess what: it's only just autumn 2013. 

Reason I love this Ready-to-Wear collection:

  1. It's bold. It's gold. It's Gothic. Fuck subtle, this is is ostentatious style personified. 
  2. The simple and straight dress cuts: they hang with such a classic line, perfectly allowing the religious iconography to radiate.
  3. The purple blood berry lips, I'm a sucker for big lips, I still can't wait to get my hands on some Velvetine from Lime Crime, as wish-listed in my Run the Jewels outfit post.
  4. Huge accessories: more is more.
  5. It's regal, I love the crowns and would LOVE one for my day-to-day wear...
The use of Christian iconography and palettes is utterly dazzling, like a stain glass window the designs have kept a fragmented structure and the insistence of the golden palette recalls the almighty wealth and power of an institution driven by the 'hand of God'.

Despite numbers featuring strong blue and traditionally cold tones, this collection bursts with warmth, every shade is bright and beaming.














I love this Gothic lace piece to finish, austere and delicate. It actually ties in nicely to one of my next planned posts: the BFI's Gothic season and in particular Jean Cocteau's LA BELLE ET LA BETE, one of my all time favorite films!

All in all, this collection kicks ass and makes me want to rub gold leaf all over my face. I love how much this differs from other looks I've posted about like the simple outlaw style in Ain't Them Bodies Saints, variety is always the spice of life :)

Thanks for stopping by, if you're also on the 30-day blog challenge, great & good luck! Thanks for checking out the post/blog!

All images are from style.com a really great resources for all staying up to date with every catwalk across every fashion week! Here is their full slideshow of this collection (back stage shots :))

More tomorrow :)